DIY Mermaid Crowns
I have always been fascinated by mermaids. I guess that isn’t a surprise based off my website name and the fact that I am a Mermaid. It all started when I was a child and I fell in love with the movie The Little Mermaid which is still my favorite to this day. Although Ariel was a princess she never really wore a crown, unlike her father and some of her sisters. I think mermaid crowns are absolutely beautiful and they are a hot new trend. So today you can follow one these youtube tutorials to make one of your own, or make both the choice is up to you!
Click here for mermaid costume tutorials and inspiration
DIY Seashell Tiara Using Dollar Store Crown
● Silver Pipe Cleaners
● Hot Glue Gun
● Glue Sticks
● E 6000
● Seashells in various sizes
● Starfish in various sizes
● Extra embellishments such as jewelry or beads
1. Remove feathers and plastic rhinestones off of Tiara.
2. Wrap with silver pipe cleaners around the entire crown surface
3. Glue rhinestone chains to starfish with e6000 glue
4. Glue your seashells to the tiara starting with the bigger shells and working down
to the smaller shells
5. Add any other embellishments you would like
6. Remove and glue strings and enjoy that crown!
7. **Snap some selfies!** post with #blushingmermaid
DIY Mermaid Crown Headband
- Shells in various sizes and colors
- 2 Styrofoam Balls
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Embellishments: Pearls, jewelry, and beads and rhinestones
- Styrofoam head – you can find them locally at Sally’s Beauty Supply
- Cut styrofoam into pieces
- Glue them to the headband make sure they are secure
- Get the shells into position of where you would like them
- Glue them to the crown
- Add in your embellishments
- Keep layering elements until all foam is covered
- Enjoy your crown
- Take a selfie and post with #blushingmermaid
Which crown is your favorite? Leave your comments below and make sure to share this post with your mermaid loving friends. I will be posting some pictures of my own mermaid crowns soon!
Follow my mermaid Pinterest account for all things mermaid here: The Blushing Mermaid
I will be posting some pictures of my own crown soon!
Mermaid Crowns and jewelry will be coming soon in my shop! So exciting!
Here’s an Etsy shop with some really beautiful mermaid crowns: Star Stuff Boutique
Have you made your own mermaid crown?